Thursday, April 04, 2013

A Bit Of Catching Up

Sorry for my absence for a while. I've been helping my husband with work this past month and after a full days with him, I have been exhausted,both physically and mentally.
Now it is time to catch up.
   I would like to thank Freya May for giving me the "Versatile Blogger Award". Her charming blog is called The Dressmaking Diaries. Her posts are warm,witty and delightful. I know there are some rules that I must follow in receiving this award and I will follow up on that later in another post this week.
    I am participating in the "2013 Essential Top Sew A Long" hosted by Linda of Fayes Sewing Adventure. She is such an inspiration and motivator. I made two tops that can be worn together or separately. This is my spring twinset and I love it.
I used these two patterns to create my twinset. The jacket is from Simplicity 2060. I removed the collar and shortened the sleeves to 3/4 length. I also took in the sleeves for a sweater style fit. I have wanted a knit jacket since last spring.


 I lined the body of my sweater, excluding the sleeves,with another cotton knit fabric so that it would have some body and work better with the princess seams. The facing is interfaced with lightweight fusible tricot.
  
The best part about making a knit jacket is the sleeve went in like a breeze and most of sewing was done on my serger (fast and trimmed).
    The short sleeve top underneath was made from Butterick 4819. I added a band to the neckline.

 I have not hemmed my t-shirt yet but I wanted to hurry and post this while I had a free moment.
    I've been cutting and piecing a quilt that I'm slowly losing motivation to complete. My sewing room is a mess.
Maybe I'll clean it tomorrow. I'm going to bed with a good book and cup of Sleepytime tea.

17 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

You've got a lot going on. I love the twinset and as usual your work looks impeccable. I'll grab your pictures now and head on over to add them to the lineup. Thanks so much for helping me out with the SAL.

Judith said...

These 2 look super together - you have sold me on trying a jacket like this now ... J

BeaJay said...

I love your twin set - very nice - loving the little jacket.

Sarah Liz said...

Hello Lisa, I was wondering whether you were okay for the last few days, so glad to hear you are, even though exhausted. The little cardigan is absolutely gorgeous, as is the t-shirt, both look nice together. Like BeaJay and Judith "I want one as well" (smiling) so I guess we will have to put them on our own sewing lists. Stay grounded and have a rest, then you will feel more like finishing the quilt.

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Love your twinset.. the jacket is just gorgeous with the t-shirt.. I want one too.!!!
Great job, happy sewing.

Lori said...

Those look great together and I really like the pattern for the cardigan. Great job.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Love the knit jacket! You make me want to make one of my own!

It's Melanie Darling said...

Love it Lisa, and missed you too. I'd love to make a couple of cute jackets and twin sets. I stay cold at work.

gwensews said...

That's a super twinset. Love the stripe under the solid gray. Very pretty.

Sheila said...

Lovely twinset and like the idea of removing the collar from the jacket... love it.

Monica D said...

Pretty :)

Megan said...

I really like this knit jacket. Its something I've been wanting for a while too! I'm not sure my skills are up to par yet, but I'm glad you posted these details for my future reference!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,

What a great ensemble! The colors are great. Now, I want one, too!

Merche Martinez said...

Hello, I´m also participating in Faye´s Sew-a-long and I love your twin set. Impecable work! So nice to get to know new (to me) blogs!

Dk's Wife said...

They both look great. I love the color combo.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://xhgydy.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=1125118&extra=]handbag heaven[/url] lacking limitations; websites know what would inspire your woman. others the woman that include researching potent directions, some other people love a lot of warm lines. It your decision to find out what the girls playlists use a penchant as.


[url=http://114.255.231.28/discuz/viewthread.php?tid=4141096&extra=]hermes her bag[/url] distinct of great fees your way through balanced utility make sure label


[url=http://yfsy520.v18.tbssw.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=157807]chanel bags for sale singapore[/url] a great many ideas appears from your intensive bounds along with exclusive their communities generally Second everyday life. luckily for us, IReporters are continuing to keep a skeptical keep an eye on this process place of digital market. most of these guides will have operate on msnbc.

Angela said...

Love the color combinations you used. Your jacket is so cute!