Monday, December 10, 2007

Joy,Joy,Joy !!!

I had the most splendid time sewing with my new friend,Linda.
We got together at her home for some good sewing fellowship,this past Saturday.The first thing she did was present me with this beautiful Kwik Sew pattern.It was sweet surprise and I love it. She had her sewing room all set up for total sewing comfort and a fantastic sewing library. I worked on a skirt and she worked on a cute top and a pants fitting muslin. I got the chance to see all the cute fashions she had sewn and posted on her blog. Linda is a terrific seamstress ! I had so much fun !
Sunday evening, I cut out this trench coat from a zebra print,I've had in my stash for a year. I hope to release my inner diva for the New Year. I've been watching "Tim Gunn's House Of Style"and "What Not To Wear"and have to decided to give myself a fashion makeover. I'm going for the bold,creative look. Live out loud and in living color.





6 comments:

Adrienne said...

Glad you had a good time! Can't wait to see your coat!!!

renee said...

That trench is going to be fabulous. Live out loud!!

Faye Lewis said...

Thanks for the complement - terrific seamtress (ROFLOL). I am trying though. Thanks for spending the afternoon with me, I enjoyed it more than I can say. And another thanks for helping with my pants fitting issue. I'm working on pants now! LOVE the zebra - I think you can ROCK that!
p.s. Faye is a name that my dearest friends and relatives call me - feel free to use it.

KimT said...

what a fantastic outlook to begin the new year with. I got the trench coat pattern this weeken as well. I am a little nervous though, since I am a total beginner. I am looking forward to watching your progress on this one.

Sheila said...

What a great way to spend a Saturday - Good friendship and sewing. Like the blouses - particularly version B. Go ahead and unleash that Diva in you - looking forward to your trench.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I can't wait to see your finished trench ~ its going to be amazing!