Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sewing All Day


I had a wonderful sewing day. I made a bag to carry my knitting projects,from recycled materials. One pair of old jeans and three bandannas equals one bag. This type of bag is really not my style but I wanted to do something easy and I need a bag that I can take to the park or beach without worry about it getting dirty. I can just toss this in the washing machine. I used an OOP Butterick pattern as starting point,then I just went on to all kinds of experimentation. I going to carry it around tomorrow to test it out.












I want to knit something but I don't know what. I need some inspiration. That's why I love reading blogs. One stylish lady,Toy
,has some beautiful knit and sewn fashions on her weblog.
Another is Sheila
She knits,sew and crochets.Her garments are sophisticated and fit her perfectly.
Maybe I'll get there someday until then,I'd better find something beside scarf and hats.






I know I promised a ruffler tutorial today but I need a bit more time to do a really good one.It will be worth the short wait. I also made a dress that caused a few more gray hairs to sprout from my head. More on this later. Now here's a picture of one of the items I completed during my blog absence.
I did view A.
The hem is not crooked. My skirt fell down a little in front after my DD told my to "suck in your gut". It is made from challis which I think,is too light weight for this type skirt. However it is cool and comfortable. I'm not going to make it again.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Thank You for the lovely compliment. I think a great knit project would be Tank - check out Ravelry.com. The knit bag came out great and like the bandanna embellishment.

Faye Lewis said...

Ok, you know I'm loving the skirt, loving it with that top too. I am just in love with skirts all over again. You know I have that pattern, and have been contemplating making it, but now that I see it on you, I'm wanting to make it even more. Would you mind if I copy?

heather said...

I LUV this bag. Do you happent to have a pattern to share? I love to re purpose and re cycle.

Heather