Sunday, February 08, 2009

A Little Sewing and A Little Laughter

I finished 2 pairs of pants from TNT patterns,Simplicity 2700 (grey plaid) and Sewing Workshop Plaza Pants(black).I know the hanger shots don't show much but I just wanted to share what I've been working on. I want to make a jacket to wear with the Plaza pants. I'll take pictures wearing both pieces as soon as I finish the jacket.

Here's my latest project is this OOP Vogue. It will be my last winter piece. The fabric is a wool blend with embossed large scale paisley print. The jacket is fully lined and the pattern requires that every jacket piece is interfaced.


I'm using the techniques from my newest sewing library addition"Jackets For Real People: Tailoring Made Easy".In the Palmer/Pletsch books they employ pin fitting your pattern instead of making a muslin. I pin fitted and of course I had to do the FBA as usual. I also added to the side back and side front pieces to accommodate my thick middle. The fabric pieces are now cut,interfaced and marked. As the book suggests,I pinned the fabric pieces together as if sewn and tried it on and fit nicely. If everything goes as planned,I should have a new jacket,by this weekend.



Now for a little laughter:

Wanna see something funny? Look

8 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Great sewing progress. Can't wait to see that great jacket. I'm working on S2700 pants muslin for the last two days. Got them where I could try them on tonight...too tight. Thank goodness for the 1" seam allowance in the side and back waistband areas. I already know your pants fit great. Keep up the good work and hope to see you real soon.

Joyce in NC said...

The pants look good from where I stand. I've been working on a pair of pants for a while now. My mojo seems to have gone away. I need to get it together and finish the pants and skirt that go with the jacket I already finished. Can't wait to see your finished jacket. I also used the pin fitting technique as much as possible to fit my pieces.
Joyce in NC

Angelia said...

That OOP vogue is going to be hot!
I love that fabric!!!

Sheila said...

I have the DVD - Jackets For Real People and it helped me alot when I did Vogue 8300. Looking forward to your FOs

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Since I am a lover of jackets I'm going to have to add the P & P DVD and book to my library.

Omega said...

I really like that fabric, can't wait to see the jacket.
Funny clip.

Aminat said...

Those pants look so beautiful amd I love your fabric choice as well. Can't wait to see how they'll look on you with the jacket.

Mariela Alethia said...

I am anxiously waiting to see the result. I think I am going to buy that bool. I am working on a pant TNT. Hopefully I will finish it this week.