This weekend sewing project is almost finish.I haven't sewn the buttons on yet,but I can't wait to show it. Here it is,on Claire.
I used Vogue 8515.The fabric,chambray featuring window pane pin tucks, was given to me by a friend. I love textured fabric.but I certainly didn't want to do all that work. Here's a picture of the pin tucks.
I embroidered my buttonholes using a design program from Dakota Collectibles 2010.
The stabilizer I chose is Sulky Solvy. It dissolves in water,so that nothing shows on either side. This is the first time I've used an embroidery program for buttonholes. I'll definitely do it again.