The second pair (about 2 years ago)... not so good. They looked nice,fresh off the sewing machine but, as the day wore on they got bigger,baggier and saggier as the day went on.
- Fitting was achieved by comparing the measurements of each pattern piece to the similar pieces on a pair or RTW pants that fit me well.
- I stabilized the waist and crotch area so that they would not stretch.
- I hammered bulky seams and they went under the presser foot without any problem.
- I used a different thread for top stitching (more on this further into the post).
This Butterick 5682 pattern is wonderful ! I made the boot cut version from dark wash denim from Hancock