Wednesday, January 02, 2013

A Coat For Ashley

I finished my daughter, Ashley's coat. She slowed down long enough for me to get a picture.

The pattern is McCalls 5525,view A. The fabric is coat weight wool from Joann fabrics. I started this one last February and dragged the construction out until March and put it away unfinished because cold weather was on the was out. Now she can wear it while it is cold. However she's always running out of the house without a coat,no matter how cold it is. " Mom,its not that cold",is her daily weather forecast. That's why I was shocked, when she ask me to make a coat. She says she loves it and will wear it ,even if it is" not that cold".

10 comments:

Northlady said...

You did a beautiful job. And a beautiful young lady!

Sheila said...

Lovely coat and you did a superb job matching the stripes.

Happy New Year.

marysews said...

The coat turned out really nice!

BeaJay said...

That is a beautiful coat - so well sewn. I can understand why your daughter is keen to wear it - great job.

gwensews said...

That's very nice, and looks good on your daughter. Nice sewing.

L said...

You did a great job on the coat and I love how the plaids match. Very well done!

Lori said...

Fabulous job, don't you love when they ask you to make something for them.

It's Melanie Darling said...

Cute, I love the fabric.

Joyce in NC said...

I must agree - this is a nice jacket. I'm sure she will weat it proudly!

Anonymous said...

What a great job! I'm sure she'll love it!!! Love those plaids....