Thursday, January 17, 2013

Jungle January - Jacket Number 2

I finished another jacket for the Jungle January challenge.


 The pattern I used is Butterick 5616. The fabric is faux alligator print suede. The color is similar to a dark- wash denim with light and dark variations.

.
I made the short white version (A) and made no changes. I did not have to make my usual FBA because this pattern runs a little larger. I interlined it,to give the fabric a little more body.

This pattern is super easy. There was a ton of top stitching,but that's the norm for this type of  jacket. I like using this type of button. All it takes is a hammer and a hard surface. No hand sewing--YIPPEE.


Here is the back.

I will definitely use this pattern again. I can see it in a few different types of prints or a bright solid with some machine embroidery. There are a lot of possibilities.



22 comments:

Peggy's Closet said...

Fabulous jacket--and I love the fabric!

Yvonne Bennett said...

Wow! That's a great looking jacket and sewing is first rate.

marysews said...

Your red jacket and your black jacket are both really cool!

gwensews said...

That's a terrific jeans-type jacket. The fabric is divine!

Faye Lewis said...

Very interesting animal print fabric and a great jacket.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

This is beautiful! And I love your hair and new profile picture!!

Cennetta said...

Excellent! You are gorgeous.

BeaJay said...

Love love love it. You are a jacket queen.

Tanya said...

Beautiful, you knocked it out the park.

Mariela Alethia said...

You have a winner, prettyyyyyy!

Anonymous said...

OMG...You ROCK!!! This is beautiful! I love the colors.... Very nicely done.

prttynpnk said...

Lord, if you knew the little 'ooh, ooh!' Noises I was making while I read this! Where do you shop, lady? This is no Hancock fabric beastie!

becki-c said...

Perfect use of a beautiful, BEEEYYYOOOOOTIFUL fabric. So versatile, kicking up any outfit.

velosews said...

This style really works on you and the print is very Grr too. You look fab:))

Lynneb said...

Oh My GOSH! I love that jacket!!! Fabulous!

Victoria said...

Lovely jacket!

Carolyn said...

Oh wow, this jacket is too too awesome! I love everything about it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love this jacket and the fabric you chose. You have mad sewing skills!

Ebony said...

Love it! You are on a role!

Brenda said...

Stunning!! Both jackets are beautiful.

Chris Lucas said...

What a fabulous jacket... you've done a great job with this one... love it!

Unknown said...

Love you in this jacket. Thank you for alerting us to the pattern. Although what makes it is your choice of amazing fabric. Congratulations!