Sunday, April 29, 2007

Results of My 2 Week Sewing Challenge.






Here are the projects,I started and completed,during my self-imposed,2 week sewing challenge.



First is the lavender shirt.I used Butterick 3907,for both shirts.The pattern is fast and easy.It went together without any problem.I needed some shirts to wear over tank tops,because I don't like to expose my upper arms.
I already worn this shirt twice.It has a sheer floral pattern on a lightweight linen blend.This fabric was in my stash for 2 years.Next up,is the same shirt in a printed cotton fabric.I haven't worn it anywhere except outside for pictures.I'm planning to make a pair of solid color bermuda shorts to match.I haven't decided between white or beige.This fabric has been in my stash for 1 year.
Last on this list is the pink cotton sundress for my DD,Ashley.This is from Simplicity 4224.I plan to make another in a tropical print.She wore this to church today.She likes it and has asked for another for next Sunday.

This "sewing challenge"has taught me the joys of taking time for myself and spending that time doing something that I greatly enjoy.I will continue sewing daily for relaxation and enjoyment.

On to the next sewing adventure.I've got a big pile of Threads magazines.I'm feeling brave...hmm.

3 comments:

Elaray said...

Looks like you had two very productive weeks. The pieces you made are all great. I especially like the lavender shirt.

Melody said...

Rockin' I love what you've done. I'm jealous for sewing time.

Faye Lewis said...

M A G N I F I C I E N T ! Hope I spelled that right. Love, love, love both your shirts (the colors as so lively - I'm trying to break out of dark colors myself - tend to use the same dark colors all the time). Loved Ashley's dress also. Can't wait to see it done in a tropical print. My grand-daughter's name is Ashleigh - yea, I'm a grandma (lol). I know - Threads makes me brave too! At least during the time that I'm reading them.