Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Swap Progress

Here the dress for the swap and a skirt.I got DD to take the picture between rain drops.Please excuse the wrinkles.I wore the dress all day.
The dress is made from a embroidered cotton from my stash and the skirt is a linen blend.I used the top from this Simplicity pattern and the bottom from this Vogue pattern.











I added lace between the bodice and skirt which hides the elastic.Both dress originally feature a back zipper.I eliminated this by making the skirt a little bigger,creating gathers.The added elastic allows it to pull in closer to the body.It is so comfortable.The skirt is a TNT.I made the one shown in yellow on the pattern package.
Its raining again today so I guess I'll spend more time in the sewing room.
I'm getting real nervous about finishing the swap.I'm really far behind.Six down,5 pieces to go.

12 comments:

narcissaqtpie said...

I love the floral dress! Your SWAP is one of the best I've seen cant wait for the whole collection.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Lisa - take it from someone who's been there - you can do it! Can't wait to see all of your finished pieces together!

renee said...

I think you've got the best SWAP colors I've seen so far. Beautiful.

Melody said...

Lisa, it looks great! I can't wait to see the finished swap. I especially love your morphed dress. It's supercool and looks fabu on you.

Evelyn said...

Saw you on Ebony Elite so I'm popping in to say hello! I love how prolific you are with your sewing. I am also a dollmaker, sewer and knitter. I have four partially completed dolls sitting butt naked on my dresser patiently waiting to be clothed and named and sent off to good homes.

Jada said...

Your dress looks very lovely!!!

Faye Lewis said...

Lisa, I love your dress and skirt. You do such good work! I believe you will be able to finish your swap! I finally checked my blog (haven't been blogging since I changed jobs and went to New York on vacation). I'D LOVE TO DO LUNCH! Maybe on a Saturday after a Smiley's stop (LOL)!

KimT said...

Your pieces look fantastic!

Sheila said...

Hi Lisa, came across your site via Ebony Elite... and love your projects. I gawked at you lucky find of presser feets for a buck... recently ordered several pieces from Sears at a whopping $80, and thereafter the machine when kaput...lol

Faye Lewis said...

Lisa you must be sewing up a storm!

Anonymous said...

I love your alterations to the dress. The dress and the skirt look great on you. You have a fantastic choice of fabric. Great combinations!
Cheers Rubydarling

Faye Lewis said...

Hey Lisa, I know you have some new pictures to post!