Friday, August 12, 2011

What 's New

 I have been sewing almost daily. I don't always get the long luxurious 4 hours or more. Sometimes it may be a mere 15 minutes. Do you remember Nancy Ziemens' book "5-10-15 Minutes to Sew"? She taught methods and techniques that you could do when you had smaller blocks of sewing time. I use her methods frequently. Sewing relaxes me and takes me away from the drudges of the average working woman,so of course,I want it daily.

I'm working on a shirt right now. This one,McCalls 5145, is and old but good pattern.The fabric is red broadcloth (shown under the pattern) from Hancock Fabrics.

 It has some nice top stitching. I do it using my small zipper foot. It gets really close to the seam edge. I hope you can see despite the blurry picture.
I'm almost finish. Buttonholes and buttons are all I have left to get done.
  I'm hoping to get some time this evening to finish this shirt. I'm going to use my embroidery machine to do my buttonholes. I can't seem to make up my mind about which design to go with.
Do I want contrasting thread or matching thread?
Decisions,decisions,decisions.



4 comments:

Mariela Alethia said...

I am glad are you back!

CarlaF-in Atlanta said...

Nice to hear from you :) That pattern has been on my mind for a while. It's a good pattern but I need to alter the sleeve to fit over my arms. I can't wait to see yours.

Sheila said...

Love the fabric choice for the top and cool technique for top stitching. I would not have thought to use a zipper foot. Btw, purchased pleating for mercy, can't wait to read it. currently reading The Help.

Jane M said...

I agree that even a few minutes of sewing can make any day just a little better. Aay from sewing for too long and I just get so cranky. Love those buttonholes on your pretty new blouse.