Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What Not To Wear

I had to share this with you. Do you remember MC Hammer's famous Hammer time pants ?
Check out these.
I didn't intend on getting this harem pants look. They were suppose to be a stylish pair of wide leg pants. Oh where ,oh where did I go wrong ? Sometimes you have to laugh at yourself. Feel free to laugh along with me. While you are chuckling, give me your thoughts on what went wrong and save someone else's fabric from the same fate.

The pattern is Vogue 8131. The fabric is stretch twill suiting. I know I will not make these again.LOL

4 comments:

Ebony said...

The red is so beautiful on you!

pella said...

The colour is great. You seem to have too much fabric in the front somehow, maybe a more fitted look at hip level? Perhaps the twill was a bit firm.

Lisa H. said...

Thank you both Ebony and Pella. Must look into that,I think you are onto something.

Anonymous said...

Catching up on my blog reading: First thing I have noticed is that the in-seams seem to be pulling up towards the crotch. I would straighten the seam like because they seem to be curved. There is also too much fullness in the hip area. Maybe you could have gone down a size???
When I make wide legged pants I measure the knee circumference and sort of 'eye' the width I am aiming for then I make the hem the same width. I like straight legged pants and don't like when they take on a tapered look towards the hem.
Heather