Thursday, December 07, 2006


The Last Rose


I thought this rose bush would become a terminal victim of the dreaded rose disease"blackspot".However it continues to surprise me.Here it is,December,and I find one blossom waving at me in the cold morning wind.
I guess there is a lesson to be learned from my rose.

" DON'T LET LITTLE THINGS GET YOU DOWN.CONTINUE TO GROW AND BLOOM FOR ALL TO SEE." - Rose in December

I had a little time to do something creative last night,so I made a little snowman.He's made from onasberg cloth.He has a hand sculpted head made from paperclay and painted with acrylic paint.He is posted atop of a vintage brass candleholder.I'm thinking about selling him on "Ebay",but I'm going to have to take a better picture.

I spend (way too much)time browsing around Ebay,looking and admiring all kinds of works done by independant(Indy)artists.While I've sold plenty of items on Ebay,none of them were my own creation.I'm just so afraid of rejection.I've always been this way.I know this is an unreasonable way to think and I have had many of my paintings and artdolls purchased from a gallery.That fact alone, should push that silly fear right out of my head,but it still lurks there.

I plan to get over this fear by taking action often.Today this snowman will be re-photographed and placed up for bid.My mind is made up.Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Lisa, what happened with the snowman? I'm dying to know.