Tuesday, December 05, 2006

She's Got Me Under Her Spell

I've been in a sewing slump lately and I was advised be another sewing fan,that I should try making something for a good cause.So I pulled out my doll patterns and found a pattern that I'd purchased at a sewing expo,3 years ago and never made.I immediatly dug through my scrap bag and notions drawer and gathered everything I needed to complete this doll.
I was determined to start and finish this project in one session.I knew that,if I stopped for any reason,she would end up on the "UFO"pile.I've got plenty of stuff in that pile and that story will be in a later post.
Anyway,I completed my doll as planned and I intended to donate her to a silent art/craft auction to raise money for the non-profit gallery,of which I am a member and president.When I took her to the gallery,I could not bring myself to put her on the auction table.So placed her on the drink bar instead,as a festive,not for sale,decoration.All through the event people commmented about her and ask about her price to which continued to respond,"Oh she's not for sale".I'll have to make another one to ease my guilt over the fundraiser.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Lisa, I love your doll, she's just the cutest Santa-girl ever!!