Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm Back

I know it has been ages since my last post.I probably have set some sort of record. I have slapped my own hand ,for being a bad blogger.
I lost my sewing "mojo"for a really long while. It began while I was working on this jacket .The fitting was going well and then I decided to learn tailoring techniques at the same time. The whole process became overwhelming. There was a lot of ripping,re-sewing and whining.I had also started teaching sewing classes.This has always been a dream of mine.The classes were going along wonderfully and my students were delightful,but at home, there was nothing....no sewing.
But...I did knit my first wearable sweater.This is from Vogue Knitting magazine.It is for my DD,Ashley.
I got my sewing "mojo"back after a visit with my friend Linda .After hanging out in her sewing room and seeing her newest creations and plans for future creations,I felt renewed and ready to finish my jacket.Not only did I finished my jacket,I made matching pants and ended up with a great fitting suit. I went on and made another pair of pants and a top. I enter all of these items in the Georgia State Fair Sewing Competition,this past Saturday. I'll post the pictures of my suit when I get it back from the fair. Here is a picture to show that plenty of people are sewing in Georgia.

My friends Linda and Ebony entered the competition too.We ended up making it a day of fabric shopping,lunching and fun. After hanging out with these talented women,I was filled with all kinds of sewing ideas. They are so inspiring.(Thanks you both!)

Today ,before going to work,I had time to work on my current project,another jacket.(less work involved this time) I'm making the one shown in pink, on the pattern packet.

Remember September is "National Sewing Month". Enjoy it.


9 comments:

Sheila said...

Welcome Back. Your first wearable sweater came out cute and your daughter is going to love it. I like the ribbing, which gives the garment waist shaping.

Charlene McGill said...

I'm glad to see you back. I saw you on Faye's blog working. I can wait to see the completed jacket.

You and your friends have inspired me to start my own sewing group(me, my mom and 2 cousins). We have had some set backs due to family problems. But hopefully by October, we will be back on track.

Ebony said...

I am so glad to see you back. How exciting. I am so excited about the fair. I think I will go more than once this year. Even if I do not win anything- at least the world (okay maybe a percentage of it) will have seen what I can do. You know-my artwork.The jacket is going to be so sharp.Ooh- I am just bursting with excitement. Thank you for all of your encouragement.

Ebony said...

I am so excited about that coat. Imagine how stylish you will look. DD' sweater came out really well. I am so glad you got your sewing mojo back. I am also excited about our fair entries. Imagine if we keep participating in the contest every year. Before long it will be like one big fashion show. Forget the rides - lets see the fashion.

Faye Lewis said...

Marvelous choice of pattern for that coat and I can't wait to see it completed. With all of our clothes down at the fair we have really got to get some fashions cranked out (lol), I've got to get my zebra trench started. I so missed your posts-don't ever stop again, I learn oh so very much from you!

Mariela Alethia said...

I am glad to see you back. I love the sweater.

Jackie said...

Glad to see you are back as well! I love watching what you all are doing. That jacket is going to be so cute in that fabric. Where did you find that! I can't wait to see.

Cennetta said...

Welcome back! It's good to see you blogging and sewing again.

Omega said...

I'm glad to see you back, I've been missing you. I can relate to the sewing mojo vanishing sometimes, I'm fighting it now. I'm so inspired when I check out your blog. Welcome back.