Sunday, September 21, 2008

Latest Creations

My DD is still not feeling well and is not up to take my pictures for me so bear with me and my photos of Claire.Claire is wearing the white blouse from yesterday's tutorial.

It is from Vogue 7935 .I believe it is recently discontinued.The attached neck tie can be tied up high or low or to one side as shown here.
Next up is a swing topper from Vogue 7935 which is also discontinued.

Here is Claire in view F on the pattern envelope.I wore it to church this morning an I think it looked better on me than on Claire.
Both of these pattern were easy and fun to sew.I plan to sew both again.The blouse fabric (georgette) was given to me by my friend Nancy.The jacket fabric(suiting) is from Hancock Fabrics.
I plan on taking pictures wearing these garment along with another jacket.It's been a good sewing weekend.



10 comments:

Lisa Laree said...

I am loving that white blouse! It looks $$$!

Says she who needs to spend a couple of weeks making some much-needed white blouses... ;)

Joyce in NC said...

The blouse and the jacket look very nice. I hope to see you wearing the garments.

Ebony said...

I love it love it. The white blouse is sooooo nice. I always envy anyone who can sew with georgette or anything sheer. AND I am so crazy about that jacket. I can see it with jeans ,slacks and a skirt . Weren't you a little sewing bee this weekend. Well i must return to what I call Ebbyj's sweatshop.

Charlene McGill said...

I love the top and jacket. Like everyone else, I wish to see you with it on. I hope you DD feels better. Did you ever finish the jacket you started the fitting process using the FFRP book?

Faye Lewis said...

I really love the style of your blouse - details, the double loops and the sleeves (cuffs) are darling.

Faye Lewis said...

P.S. You know I love the jacket too. I am such a swing jacket lover. I'll bet you looked real cute in it on Sunday.

Sherril said...

Lisa, that blouse turned out so pretty. Now I want one, I wonder if I can still get the pattern? I guess I could draft it if I had to. The jacket is nice too. I'd love to see you model it.

Cennetta said...

Lisa, Both pieces are wonderfully made. I wish that vogue blouse was still available..., nice.

Omega said...

I love the white blouse and the jacket too. Great job!

Lisa H. said...

Thank to you all for the nice comments.Hi Charlene,yes I did finish it.I turn out so well,that I entered it in the Georgia National Fair.I post pictures when I get it back.